Wednesday 19 November 2008

Joseph Prince...........thoughts?


I wanted to know how many of you know about Jospeh Prince? I also wanted to know what you thought about him.... Jason heard him preach a sermon on TV one night after work and thought the sermon he heard was powerful and Biblical- he was hesitant though because it's regularly televised and he'd never heard of him before- and it was the only sermon he's heard of this guy. So we went onto You Tube together to listen to a sermon but they only played snippets since those who posted it wanted listeners to purchase the DVD set. Everything we heard sounded accurate to Scripture. We went to his churches' website and read the Core Values and Mission Statement of his church of 17,000, in Singapore. We didn't notice anything that raised our eyebrows and the beliefs and core values of the church sound the same as those our church has.


I am still hesitant about him though because he is televised and preached in a "concert' type environment. We want to be careful not to listen to just anyone's preaching because God commands us to watch out for false teachers who twist the truth. This guys appears faaaaar from Joel Olsteen, yet we would still like some input if anyone has any... Thanks!

8 comments:

Ali said...

I've never heard of him.

but in response to my blog, I've love to teach you! maybe this friday we can knit!

Katrina Custer said...

I had to write you because you and Jason featured prominently in my dream last night. You were taking part in some reality contest where you had to live in caves on a hillside in Austria (very nicely furnished actually). It was hilarious but made me miss you guys!

ella peterson said...

(you've been tagged - see my blog for details)

Mickey Blue said...

Hi, I first heard of him when I was in Hillsong in London. He was a guest speaker. I now attend his church in Singapore at least four times a year. He regularly speaks at conferences with John Bevere, Joyce Meyer to name but a few. His teaching is primarily on Jesus and His finished work. He has a book out called "Destined to Reign" which explains a lot of his teachings over the years.. hope this helps ;-)

Anonymous said...

Pastor Joseph Prince is awesome. He is truly a messenger from God. He is the Barnabas of our faith. He is transparent; speaks from his heart; message with sound biblical backings, Jesus is preached evrytime he opens his mouth. Listen to him more. His teaches us to have faith in God not man. He is clean and alright to listen. Labeled with "Jesus inside".

Anonymous said...

I get up to watch him at 6 am, I live in Montana. I have been in the faith for 24 years, Joseph Prince is solid. He teaches the word, Christ in us, the promises of God in the life of believers.

Anonymous said...

hi , i know this is quiet late, but if you decided not listen to Pastor Prince, then you have to hear my testimony. i was a christian for 23 years but it made no difference until i happened to watch Pt Prince. i was on the verge of suicide then. i am form a denomination which believes in people feeling guilty for their sins as long as you want. and i was feeling wretched. i did not know anything about the bible. i could go on. but now i have hope. you know every denomination has some flaw or the other, but i believe they are all doing their best to stick to the Bible and do God's work. and Pt Prince is FOR the Bible

Anonymous said...

Joseph Prince message completely changed my life. The man has a profound revelation of our Lord Jesus.