Monday 17 November 2008

Better Dining Room Set...

So Jason and I made a purchase last week that was stressing us out. We bought a dining room set (for 6) but bought a larger fancy looking dining set. It was dark cherry-wood. Which we already knew we didn't like, so I'm not sure what we were thinking... It was solid wood but had a venure (don't know how to spell that- not even sure if I'm using the right word) top coat. To save money, we picked it up and assembled it ourselves, only to realize we hadn't been thinking clearly when we bought it. It was just not us. It looked too fancy and it made us look like we cared more than we do. Not only that but it scratched easily. SO Jason decided we should return it. Which relieved us of stress. We ended up getting a solid wood table that's more "us." And they're not charging us for delivery. So they're delivering it tomorrow.

I really appreciated Pastor Jason's sermon yesterday. It was powerful and addressed some things I really needed to hear. So much of the time I am guilt ridden by "I should haves...." I tend to focus more on the "don'ts" -rather than joyfully moving forward in my walk with God. I want to please God so much and His righteousness is beyond my comprehension. Realizing I often fail in righteosness, I desire to honor Him by striving after that. This is not wrong, but the guiliness I feel when I fail to constantly seek after Him is. I am often torn because I feel like the guilt I feel is conviction- I often have a hard time differentiating the two... If it's conviction than I want to embrace it and move forward. If it's guilt than I want to push it aside, learn from it, and move forward. Gotta go!

2 comments:

Katrina Custer said...

Hmm, I love your distinction of guilt and conviction. Good reminder for me.

Anonymous said...

Eye-catching dining room furniture that not only looks amazing but is also affordable, check out this classy Dining Room Set