Monday 1 December 2008

Christmas!

I am excited for Christmas this year! Every year, Christmas becomes more meaningful for me. I can't exactly be sure why but I know that as I've been growing in my relationship with God, the focus of the Christmas season becomes more real to me. It's all about HIM! Sure Santa's fun and all but Santa's not the reason we celebrate. Jesus Christ is.

Jason and I bought a nativity for the 1st time ever this year and we love it- it's a great reminder- even though we've only had it up for a day :)

Praise God for sending His Son! How crazily mind-boggling it is that Christ would sacrifice His life for such a perverse group of people. And that somehow, through the death of His Son, we can be made pure before Him.

We do not deserve the sacrifice He made. I pray that EVERY area of my life brings Him the glory that He deserves- I want to give to Him ALL that I have to give!

No comments: