Saturday 18 October 2014

Less than 2 weeks!

Ok sure, I've been opposed to being one of "those moms" who constantly blogs or posts about pregnancy and kids.  Why?  I guess I can't exactly quantify it... could it be because we were "trying" for 3 years and it just wasn't happening and all the mommy blogs and posts irked me?  Quite possibly, yes.  Could it be because until I started feeling her kick my innards like crazy, it wasn't fully a reality?  Quite possibly, yes again.  Could it be because I don't really understand what it means to have a mother and have had a natural distaste of any mother-related topics?  *sigh* Again, sure.

Then I contemplate and realize... I need to get over myself.  It's okay for mom's to blog and post things about their experiences as a mother.  After all, for quite a while it becomes their whole life!  This is a new stage of life I'm entering and I know God will shape me and teach me a whole host of wonderful things through it.  Is that exciting?  Heck yes.  Is it scary?  Oh yeah.  But how cool to invest so fully in another life entrusted to you by God?  What a responsibility of crazy magnitude that parents have!

So we have less than 2 weeks left until my due date...  Labor sounds a tad painful.  For the life of me I can't wrap my brain around how it all works out, but I know God created it to happen so it'll happen- and if it doesn't happen naturally I'll get cut open by doctors and that'll be okay too.  My only strange and perhaps unrealistic fear (although we are in Wisconsin...) is that I'll go into labor at night, we'll hit a foolish dear on the road to Wausau, and Jason will have to deliver our baby on the side of the road (can he do it?).  If he pulled it off, I suppose it would make for a cool story...

In the end, painful or a breeze, it's another life-experience God will teach us things through.   And for that I'm excited.  He's got this whole thing in His hands.  What amazing peace that brings!



2 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Yay two weeks!! I am so excited for you guys, you will be wonderful parents! I can't wait to meet our little niece, and of course see you guys!

Nikolas Grosfield said...

Love it guys, as usual! We're super excited and prayerful for you both...er, you three. :) God bless!