Friday 13 June 2014

Friday and my lack of control of life.

Wow, I have a moment to blog.  I better type fast because this may be short-lived (hopefully).  At the moment I'm sitting at my desk at camp, twiddling my thumbs, overtaken by anxiety because I have SO much to do, but alas my hands are tied.  Why?  Because our lovely software provider (normally lovely), based in Kanukuk, MI, have servers that CRASHED this morning!  Aaaaand this affects everything I do.  I can't answer parents questions, all my voicemails, I can't respond to emails, I can't do cabin assignments, I can't print reports needed for Sunday, shall I go on?  But, if we're looking on the bright side, I have a moment to blog.

I don't even know what to write about... I could blog on and on about parenting because we'll be parents soon. But, no thanks.  I could blog on and on about pregnancy since I'm pregnant, but, again, no thanks.  All I will say is it's NO fun having a cold without being able to take Nyquil.  I'm a fan of Nyquil.  It's perfect for colds when you just can't sleep because you're clogged.  It puts me out, which gives me zzz's- a much needed thing when ill.  But, for a time, I understand I can't partake. 

All I can think of right now is "Please Kanukuk, fix your servers SOON!" 

Kid's Quest campers arrived 2 days ago.  Kids in 2-6th grade.  Of the 144 campers that are here, 107 are brand new campers!  This makes me happy.  They seem to be having a great time.  I thoroughly enjoy listening to them holler their camp cheers before meals.  Summer is here!  Since I've been so busy, I haven't had an opportunity to sit in on a session.  They have 2 each day, complete with puppets, singing and a teaching time.  Tomorrow they leave and on Sunday 240 other campers arrive!  Super exciting, super intense! 

It's way cool to know that so many different kids are here.  Those who believe in Christ and those who have never heard about Him, those who are mad at Him, and those who are curious, hurting, indifferent and passionate.  And they're all hearing the same message of the Gospel of Jesus and they each will respond to Him in some way.  Sometimes we see fruit; most often, seeds are planted that will one day take fruit.  And sadly, we know that seeds are planted that will, in some, never produce fruit.  We can plant and water, but God causes the growth.  Prayer is important! 

Good news, the servers are up and running again.  I have work to do.  It's been fun!

1 comment:

Nikolas Grosfield said...

Blessings on your work and camp, Spring and Jason...and your computers! :) Thanks for sharing. Yes, we're readjusting to Montana quite well. We're loving the summer and mountains and occasional family gatherings. God is good! Love and prayers.